The Student Council in Enniscorthy Vocational College is a representative structure for students. Through the work of the council, students can become involved in the affairs of the school, working in partnership with school management, staff and parents for the benefit of the school and its students. There are 11 members on the college’s Student Council: a male and female representative from each year group plus a representative for International Students.
The Student Council in EVC has a number of different functions including:
- Talking to the principal and board of management about issues of concern to students.
- Communicating and co-operating with school staff.
- Working with the parents’ council in school.
- Co-operating with management and staff on the development of school rules and regulations.
- Involvement in school planning.
- Having a say in school policies e.g. anti-bullying policy, code of discipline, etc.
Student Council meetings in EVC are held regularly throughout the year and give students an opportunity to discuss matters of interest. If you wish to bring an issue to the attention of the Student Council, please contact your Student Council Representative or the Student Council Liaison Teacher, Miss. Brid Gallagher.
Student Council Members 2016-2017
1st Year: Conor Collier; Lucy Egan.
2nd Year: Jack Kearney; Mollie Walsh
3rd Year; Tyler Cowley; Aoife White
5th Year: James Murphy; Susanna Stephenson
6th Year: Brendan Cahill Flynn; Serena Casey