Enniscorthy Vocational College is under the authority of County Wexford Vocational Education Committee (VEC), a statutory body established under the 1930 Vocational Act (amended in 2001).
The school is dedicated to providing a diverse and quality education service to meet the changing needs of our community. VEC education is co-educational and non-denominational.
The original vocational school was in the Technical Institute, Market Square, Enniscorthy which dated back to the turn of the century. The boys studied Woodwork and the girls Domestic Science in addition to the 3R’s. The school moved to its current location on the Milehouse Road having spent many years on the Lymington Road (now the home of Co. Wexford Library). This re-location took place in 1987 when the new school was opened by the Minister for Education, Ms. Mary O’Rourke T.D.
More recently the school new six million euro extension will be opened on the 30th April 2012 by the Minister for Education and Skills Ruairi Quinn T.D. The school now has ‘state of the art’ facilities and is well equipped to deal with the educational challenges that lie ahead.