I hope that you and your families are keeping well in these challenging times. Having just completed two weeks of remote teaching and learning I would like to bring to your attention the following points:
- To date student engagement in online classes and assignment completion has been very good – so well done to everyone.
- If your son/daughter has not engaged to date please can you make every effort to ensure that they start engaging immediately and if you require extra support please contact the school.
- While participation rates are high it is crucial that the effort is maintained to ensure high quality remote teaching and learning continues.
- Routine is important and students should be following their school timetable.
- If your son/daughter is having any issues logging into Office 365 /TEAMS please contact the office and we will endeavour to sort things out.
- Be aware that your son/daughter may tell you that they are engaging or that something does not work – but the reality may be different.
- Guidance and counselling services are continuing online so please contact the school if your son/daughter requires an appointment.
- Your son/daughter needs to focus on their wellbeing and mental health, regular exercise and staying in contact with their friends will assist this.
- For Sixth and Third Years there will be no mocks before mid-term at least.
- There has been no further communication from the Department of Education and Skills regarding when normal school will resume.
- While everyone’s circumstances are different it is important as Parents/Guardians that you encourage your son/daughter to engage with online learning so that they do not fall behind with their education.
- As always, your feedback is always welcome so feel free to contact the school by phone or email.
Dr. Iain Wickham