On Tuesday 5th November we will be starting a school attendance drive to improve school attendance across all year groups. It will be called the 33 days of Christmas, because that is how many school days are between now and the Christmas holidays. Any student who is in school for the FULL 33 days with no time missed will win a really fun prize, so remember if you are not in you can't win.
Why Attendance at School is so Important
Excellent attendance at school is important to allow you to fulfil your potential and make your contribution to society. Below are just some of the key reasons why it is important to attend school:
- To learn.
- To Develop Social Skills.
- To become more independent.
- To make new friends and spend time with my friends.
- To learn how to get on with my peers and significant adults in my life.
- To feel part of my Community and develop a sense of belonging.
- To develop awareness of other cultures, religion, ethnicity and gender differences
- To learn to think independently and have my own viewpoint.
- To gain qualifications and access to College and Jobs.
- To develop new skills.
- To build confidence and self-esteem.
- To have the best possible start in life.
Young people who go to school regularly are more likely to achieve in examinations and become involved in society.