Enterprise Club is an after-school club which is run in conjunction with County Wexford Local Enterprise Office. This club is open to all junior and senior cycle students and it runs one evening per week for an hour and a half. It is organised and run by Ms. Aileen Walsh, Business and Enterprise teacher.
The Enterprise Club aims to foster an enterprise culture among second level students. It offers students the opportunity to set up a mini-company and take it from the idea generation stage, through market research to production, selling, record keeping, management and finally to writing a comprehensive report on the activity.
The Enterprise Club will enable students to:
- Build an entrepreneurial mindset
- Learn valuable lessons from experience of working in a team
- Apply learning in a practical way
- Explore possible career paths for your future
- Consider becoming an entrepreneur in the future
- Enhance your creativity
- Improve your communication skills
Students acquire and develop a number of skills such as:
- Interpersonal Skills: self-confidence and self-esteem
- Communication Skills: verbal and written
- Team Work Skills
- Creative and Innovative Skills: braining storming, mind mapping
- Planning and Organisational Skills
- Problem Solving Skills
- Negotiating Skills
- Managerial Skills
- Presentation Skills
- Report Writing Skills
All participating students presents their college at the County Enterprise Awards Competition which are held in The Clayton Hotel, Wexford in March. EVC students have had much success at both county and national level to-date.